Andy Warhol : From A to B and Back Again / Donna De Salvo ; with essays by Jessica Beck [and eight others] ; and a conversation between Bill Horrigan and Bruce Jenkins.
- New York : Whitney Museum of American Art,  , ©2018
- New Haven ; London : Distributed by Yale University Press
400 pages : illustrations (some color), maps ; 34 cm
- ART / General.
Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987 -- Exhibitions.
Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- One of the most emulated and significant figures in modern art, Andy Warhol (1928-1987) rose to fame in the 1960s with his iconic Pop pieces. Warhol expanded the boundaries by which art is defined and created groundbreaking work in a diverse array of media that includes paintings, sculptures, prints, photographs, films, and installations. This ambitious book is the first to examine Warhol's work in its entirety. It builds on a wealth of new research and materials that have come to light in recent decades and offers a rare and much-needed comprehensive look at the full scope of Warhol's production, from his commercial illustrations of the 1950s through his monumental paintings of the 1980s. Exhibition: Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, USA (12.11.2018 - 31.03.2019).
- Foreword / Adam D. Weinberg
Andy Warhol : I work seven days a week / Donna De Salvo
Andy Warhol and the painting of catastrophe / Okwui Enwezor White light/White noise / Branden W. Joseph
Move: Warhol's films / Bill Horrigan, Bruce Jenkins, Donna De Salvo
Picture portraits: Miss Warhol knows what the client wants/ Trevor Fairbrother
Pay it no mind / Glenn Ligon
Contempt and adoration / Barbara Kruger
Warhol's confession: love, faith, and AIDS / Jessica Beck
The Factory of self / Hendrik Folkerts
Warhol, existentially / Lynne Tillman
Checklist of the exhibition
Lenders to the exhibition.
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, November 12, 2018-March 31, 2019; at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, May-September 2019, and at the Art Institute of Chicago, October 2019-January 2020.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Whitney Museum of American Art, issuing body, host institution.
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, host institution.
Art Institute of Chicago, host institution.
Beck, Jessica (Art museum curator), author.
Horrigan, Bill, contributor.
Jenkins, Bruce, 1952- contributor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|