Animal land. 1 / by Makoto Raiku ; translated and adapted by Stephen Paul ; lettered by North Market Street Graphics.
- Other Title:
- Animal land. One
Animal land. Volume 1.
Animal land. Volume one
- New York : Kodansha Comics, 2011.
vi, 192 pages : chiefly illustrations ; 20 cm
- Jungles -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Animals -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Feral children -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Infants -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- In a world of animals where the strong eat the weak, Monoko the tanuki stumbles across a strange creature the likes of which has never been seen before- a human baby! While the newborn has no claws or teeth to protect itself, it does have the rare ability to speak to and understand all the different animals. Can Monoko and the baby team up to protect the tanuki pack from vicious wildcats?
- "First published in Japan in 2010 by Kodansha Ltd. Tokyo as Doubutsu no Kuni, volume 1"--Title page verso.
This book reads from back to front and from right to left.
Translated from the Japanese.
Includes preview of Animal land, volume 2 (text in Japanese).
- Penn Provenance:
- Toccafondi, David, C'95 (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Paul, Stephen (Translator)
North Market Street Graphics.
Kodansha USA, Inc.
David Toccafondi, Dan Sung and Joshua O'Neill Collection of Comics and Graphic Novels (University of Pennsylvania)
Comics Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|