Insights from cultural anthropology / Karl Allen Kuhn.
- Minneapolis : Fortress Press, 
- Insights (Minneapolis, Minn.)
Reading the Bible in the 21st century. Insights
xiv, 128 pages ; 23 cm
- Bible -- Study and teaching.
Ethnology in the Bible.
Bible and anthropology.
- "In this volume, Karl Allen Kuhn provides a description of what cultural anthropology is and how the discipline has impacted biblical studies. Looking at Scripture through the lens of cultural anthropology is related to social-scientific criticism, which refers to that phase of the exegetical task that analyzes the social and cultural dimensions of the text and its environmental context through the utilization of the perspectives, theories, models, and research of the social sciences. Kuhn discusses general matters garnered from cultural-anthropology interpretation that would be relevant for the study of biblical texts. He analyzes several biblical specific texts from a cultural-anthropology perspective and provides conclusions, challenges, and considerations for the future of cultural anthropology and biblical interpretation."--Publisher.
- 1. A socially sensitive reading of the Biblical texts
2. The political and economic tendencies of the Biblical worlds
3. The social tendencies of the Biblical worlds
4. Biblical writings as texts of resistance and conformity
5. Purity: things in their proper place.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 123-128).
Print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|