Dirty plotte : the complete Julie Doucet / Julie Doucet.
- Standardized Title:
- Comic books. Selections
- First edition.
- Montreal : Drawn & Quarterly, 2018.
2 volumes : chiefly illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm + 1 booklet (8 pages : chiefly illustrations ; 22 cm)
- Doucet, Julie, 1965 -- -Comic books, strips, etc.
Doucet, Julie, 1965 -- -Criticism and interpretation.
Women -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Feminism -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Illustrators -- Canada -- Biography.
Comic books, strips, etc.
- Comics (Graphic works)
- "Julie Doucet arrived in comics in the 1990s as a fully formed cartoonist. Her comic book series Dirty Plotte was visionary both for the medium and for storytelling. Her stories are candid, funny, and intimate, plumbing the depths of the female psyche while charting the fragility of the men around her. Her artwork is dense and confident, never wavering in the wit and humour of its owner... Dirty Plotte: The Complete Julie Doucet collects the entire comic book series, including the acclaimed My New York Diary, as well as rare comics and previously unpublished material; a reproduction of the first Dirty Plotte mini comic; essays about her comics legacy and feminist influence by curator Dan Nadel and academic Martine Delvaux respectively; an interview by comics scholar Christian Gasser; and personal anecdotes from Jami Attenberg, Adrian Tomine, and more"--Publisher's website.
- Book 1. The dirty plottes. 12 issues published between October 1990 and August 1998 by Drawn & Quarterly, including My New York Diary.
Book 2. Everything else. The Julies: an introduction / Dan Nadel
An appreciation / Diane Noomin
Through thick and thin / Chris Oliveros
A fan's notes / Adrian Tomine
My New York diary / Jami Attenberg
Julie in France / J.C. Menu
Julie Doucet's secretions: The Comics Journal interview / Andrew Dagilis
My Julie Doucet / John Porcellino
Finding Julie / Geneviève Castrée
The diaries / Laura Park
My most secret Julie Doucet / Martine Delvaux
Early comics, uncollected works, and unpublished material
The Madame Paul affair
Encore une fois: an interview with Julie Doucet / Christian Gasser
- Booklet. with Dirty plotte, number one. Septembre 1988, vol. 1, no. 1 (8 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.) inserted in pocket in book 1.
- Dirty plottes.
My New York diary.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|