Stoicism : a very short introduction / Brad Inwood.
- First edition.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2018.
- Very short introductions ; 570.
Very short introductions ; 570
118 pages : illustrations ; 18 cm.
- "Stoicism is two things: a long past philosophical school of ancient Greece and Rome, and an enduring philosophical movement that still inspires people in the twenty-first century to re-think and re-organize their lives in order to achieve personal satisfaction. Brad Inwood presents the long history that connects these."-- Provided by publisher.
- Ancient stoicism and modern life
Reading Stoics today: Epictetus, Marcus Aurelius, and even Seneca
The origins of the school: Stoicism and Plato
Stoicism, then and now.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 111-113) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|