The cerebellum [electronic resource] : from embryology to diagnostic investigations / edited by Mario Manto, Thierry A.G.M. Huisman.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands : Elsevier, 
- Handbook of clinical neurology ; v. 154.
Handbook of clinical neurology ; volume 154
1 online resource (xiii, 348 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Cerebellum -- Diseases.
- Medical subjects:
- Cerebellum -- embryology.
Cerebelleum -- anatomy & histology.
Cerebellar Diseases -- diagnosis.
- Electronic books.
- "The Cerebellum: From Embryology to Diagnostic Investigations, Volume 154 is designed to update the reader on the latest and clinically relevant advances in the study of cerebellar diseases in children and adults. It is organized into sections detailing: (1) Embryology, Anatomy and Function, and (2) Diagnostic investigations: Neuroimaging, and includes content on conventional sequences, diffusion tensor imaging, functional MRI, and connectivity studies. Its companion volume, The Cerebellum: Disorders and Treatment, describes disorders (starting from the fetal cerebellum, to adult cerebellum) encountered during daily practice and therapy (including insights into innovative drug and rehabilitative approaches to treat children and adults with cerebellar disorders)"--Publisher's description.
- Section I. Introduction. Historical view
Section II. Embryology, anatomy and function. Embryology
Principles of organization of the human cerebellum: macro and microanatomy
Functional topography of the human cerebellum
Topography of the cerebellum in relationship to social brain regions and emotions
Physiology of the cerebellum
Cerebellar networks and neuropathology of cerebellar developmental disorders
The neuropathology of the adult cerebellum
Cerebellar motor syndrome from children to the elderly
Cognitive aspects: sequencing, behavior and executive functions
Language and the cerebellum
Section III. Diagnostic investigations. Ultrasound and CT of the posterior fossa in neonates
Probing the neuroanatomy of the cerebellum using tractography
Nuclear medicine of the cerebellum
Genetics of cerebellar disorders
Neurophysiology of gait
Neuro-ophthalmologic assessment and investigations in children and adults with cerebellar diseases
Scales for the clinical evaluation of cerebellar disorders.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from electronic title page (ScienceDirect, viewed June 13, 2018).
- Manto, Mario, editor.
Huisman, Thierry A. G. M., editor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|