The impact of education in South Asia : perspectives from Sri Lanka to Nepal / Helen E. Ullrich, editor.
- Cham, Switzerland : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Anthropological studies of education
xxiii, 308 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm.
- Education -- Social aspects -- South Asia.
- This edited volume focuses on the impact of education among different social groups in different geographical areas of South Asia. The chapters illustrate the effects of formal education on castes ranging from Dalits to Brahmins, Buddhists, and Christians, even as they consider a range of topics such as the relevance of practical knowledge prior to formal teaching, the personal educational experiences of young women, missionary education, curriculum, and the challenges and benefits of Information Technology. The geographical areas range from Sri Lanka and Nepal to various Indian states, including Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Maharastra, Odisha, and Rajasthan.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
Ullrich, Helen E., editor.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|