Mental health and well-being [electronic resource] : alternatives to the medical model / Neil Thompson.
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2019.
1 online resource (xx, 225 pages)
- Mental health.
Mental health services -- Administration.
- Medical subjects:
- Mental Health.
Mental Health Services -- organization & administration.
Psychiatry -- history.
- From demons to drugs
Freud and his followers
Asylums and axe murderers
Pills and policing
The interactionist critique
The anti-psychiatry critique
The post-structuralist critique
The flawed science critique
Madness and meaning
Selfhood and society
Roles and responsibility
Society and spirituality
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. London Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on October 31, 2018).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Murray Galt Motter Memorial Fund.
- Murray Galt Motter Memorial Fund.
Taylor & Francis eBooks
- Other format:
- Print version: Thompson, Neil, 1955- Mental health and well-being.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|