Russia : art, royalty and the Romanovs / edited by Caroline de Guitaut and Stephen Patterson.
- London : Royal Collection Trust, 2018. , ©2018
477 pages : illustrations (chiefly colour), color maps ; 28 cm
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.
Art, Russian -- Exhibitions.
Art, European -- Exhibitions.
Art -- Private collections.
Romanov, House of -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.
Windsor, House of -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.
Romanov, House of.
Great Britain -- Relations -- Russia -- Exhibitions.
Russia -- Relations -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- The histories of the British and Russian royal families have been entwined for centuries. In the first publication to examine the relationship between Britain and Russia using artworks drawn exclusively from the Royal Collection, 'Russia: Art, Royalty and the Romanovs' interweaves the familial, political, diplomatic, and artistic stories of these two nations over more than four hundred years.0From initial contacts in the mid-sixteenth century, through alliances, marriages, and two World Wars, up to the current reign, this richly illustrated book gives readers a glimpse into the public and personal dealings of these two fascinating dynasties. With new research on previously unpublished works, including Imperial porcelain, arms, costume, insignia, and photographs, together with paintings by both Russian artists and British artists working in Russia, this will be the first time that the uniquely interlinked narrative of the art connecting the two royal families has been presented in such stunning, lavishly illustrated detail. Exhibition: The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace, London, UK (09.11.2018 - 28.04.2019).
- 'A country little known'
Ambassadors and confused relationships
Russian books in the Royal Library
The power and purpose of portraiture
Revolution and new relationships
'Holy Russia' in the Royal Collection
Russian photography and photographs of Russia in the Royal Collection
Russian decorative art in the Royal Collection: exchanges in patronage
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Royal Collection Trust, owner.
Queen's Gallery (London, England), host institution.
Guitaut, Caroline de, editor.
Patterson, Stephen, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|