Connect Arab Summit 2012 [electronic resource]: ICT for Sustainable Development: Projects and Initiatives / International Telecommunication Union.
- Geneva : International Telecommunication Union, 2012.
- Connect the World, 24154342.
Connect the World, 24154342.
- Government document
1 online resource (337 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Science and Technology
- The Connect Arab Summit builds on the success of two such preceding events: Connect Africa 2007 and Connect CIS 2009. The Summit which is organized by the International Telecommunication Union in partnership with the League of Arab States (LAS), and is hosted by Qatar's Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology, ICTQatar, comes at an opportune time. First, the fifth World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC-10) of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) which was held from 24 May to 4 June 2010 in Hyderabad, India adopted the Hyderabad Action Plan. The Action Plan adopted five Arab States Regional Initiatives which are intended to address specific telecommunication/ information and communication technology (ICT) priority areas, through partnerships and resource mobilization to implement small, medium and large scale projects. These prioirity areas are Broadband Access Networks, Digital Broadcasting, Open-Source Software, Arab Digital Content and Cybersecurity.
- Employment Creation: Unleashing Future ICT Generation
Securing the Cyber-highway: Protecting People
Memory of the Arab World: Preserving Arab Heritage
Projects Summary Table
Arab ICT Highway
Empowering People: Capacity Building Initiative
E-services Everywhere for a Better Life.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|