Europe between democracy and dictatorship, 1900-1945 / Conan Fischer.
- Chichester ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2011.
- Blackwell history of Europe.
Blackwell history of Europe
1 online resource (409 p.)
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Europe.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe.
Europe -- History -- 1871-1918.
Europe -- History -- 1918-1945.
- Electronic books.
- Fischer offers a captivating analysis of Europe's turbulent history during the first half of the twentieth century, from the optimism at the turn of the century to the successive waves of destruction of the First and Second World Wars. Written by a leading authority in this field, the book draws upon his areas of expertiseReflects the most recent scholarship in this period of historyWhile laying stress on Europe's major powers and the seminal events of the earlier twentieth century, Fischer pays due attention to the smaller European countries from the Atlantic t
- The European paradox
The coming of war
Fighting the war
Ending the war : revolutions and peacemaking
Revision and recovery, 1919-1929
The high noon of the dictators
The return to war
Europe : an honourable legacy?
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|