The handbook of speech perception [electronic resource] / edited by David B. Pisoni and Robert E. Remez.
- Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., 2005.
- Blackwell handbooks in linguistics.
Blackwell handbooks in linguistics
1 online resource (722 p.)
- Speech perception.
- Electronic books.
- Speech perception has emerged as a major field of research over the past two decades, as enormous theoretical and technical changes have occurred. The study of speech perception has broadened in scope to encompass and appeal to a wide variety of disciplines including phonetics, auditory and speech science, cognitive science, experimental psychology, computer science, and informatics, among others. The Handbook of Speech Perception is a collection of seminal articles that offer a summary of the technical and theoretical accomplishments in this vital area of research on language processing. The
- The Handbook of Speech Perception; Contents; List of Contributors; Preface; Introduction; Part I Sensing Speech; 1 Acoustic Analysis and Synthesis of Speech; 2 Perceptual Organization of Speech; 3 Primacy of Multimodal Speech Perception; 4 Phonetic Processing by the Speech Perceiving Brain; 5 Event-Related Evoked Potentials (ERPs) in Speech Perception; Part II Perception of Linguistic Properties; 6 Features in Speech Perception and Lexical Access; 7 Speech Perception and Phonological Contrast; 8 Acoustic Cues to the Perception of Segmental Phonemes; 9 Clear Speech; 10 Perception of Intonation
11 Lexical Stress12 Slips of the Ear; Part III Perception of Indexical Properties; 13 Perception of Dialect Variation; 14 Perception of Voice Quality; 15 Speaker Normalization in Speech Perception; 16 Perceptual Integration of Linguistic and Nonlinguistic Properties of Speech; Part IV Speech Perception by Special Listeners; 17 Speech Perception in Infants; 18 Speech Perception in Childhood; 19 Age-Related Changes in Spo
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Pisoni, David B.
Remez, Robert Ellis.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|