Archaeology of Mediterranean prehistory / edited by Emma Blake and A. Bernard Knapp.
- Other records:
- Malden, Massachusetts ; Oxford, [England] ; Carlton, Victoria : Blackwell Publishing, 2005.
- Blackwell studies in global archaeology.
Blackwell Studies in Global Archaeology
1 online resource (352 p.)
- Prehistoric peoples -- Mediterranean Region.
Archaeology -- Mediterranean Region.
Mediterranean Region -- Antiquities.
- Electronic books.
- This book offers a comprehensive introduction to the archaeology of Mediterranean prehistory and an essential reference to the most recent research and fieldwork. Only book available to offer general coverage of Mediterranean prehistory Written by 14 of the leading archaeologists in the field Spans the Neolithic through the Iron Age, and draws from all the major regions of the Mediterranean's coast and islands Presents the central debates in Mediterranean prehistory---trade and interaction, rural economies, ritual, social structure, gender, monumentality, insularity, archaeometallurgy and the
- 1. Prehistory in the Mediterranean: The Connecting and Corrupting Sea
2. Substances in Motion: Neolithic Mediterranean "Trade"
3. Agriculture, Pastoralism, and Mediterranean Landscapes in Prehistory
4. Changing Social Relations in the Mediterranean Copper and Bronze Ages
5. The Material Expression of Cult, Ritual, and Feasting
6. The Gendered Sea: Iconography, Gender, and Mediterranean Prehistory
7. The Genesis of Monuments among the Mediterranean Islands
8. Lithic Technologies and Use
9. Archaeometallurgy in the Mediterranean: The Social Context of Mining, Technology, and Trade
10. Settlement in the Prehistoric Mediterranean
11. Maritime Commerce and Geographies of Mobility in the Late Bronze Age of the Eastern Mediterranean: Problematizations
12. Museum Archaeology and the Mediterranean Cultural Heritage.
- Includes index.
Description based on print version record.
- Blake, Emma, editor.
Knapp, Arthur Bernard, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|