African futures: Horizon 2025 [electronic resource] / rapporteurs, Valérie Arnould and Francesco Strazzari ; with contributions by Laura Kokko, Gerald Stang, Aleksandra Tor, Alice Vervaeke, Alex Vines.
- Other Title:
- Horizon 2025
JSTOR Security Studies.
- Paris : EU Institute for Security Studies, 
- ISS report ; 2363-264X no. 37.
Report, 2363-264X ; No 37
- Government document
1 online resource (80 pages) : color illustrations.
- Africa -- Politics and government.
Africa -- Social conditions.
Africa -- Economic conditions.
Africa -- Strategic aspects.
Politics and government.
Strategic aspects of individual places.
- "It is clear that in recent years Africa has undergone significant economic, socio-political and technological transformations, a process which is likely to accelerate over the coming decades. While it would be an overstatement to proclaim that the future will be African, there are strong indications that the global importance of the continent is set to rise--and not only as a source of risk factors spilling over from poverty and instability. The objective of this Report--the outcome of a consultative project conducted in collaboration with external experts and research institutes--is to reflect on the major trends that will orient Africa's future looking ahead towards 2025, and to identify the factors which are likely to have the most far-reaching impact on Africa's economic, political and security trajectory."-- Publisher description.
- Foreword / Antonio Missiroli
I. The disappearance of long-standing rulers
II. The expanding youth bulge
III. Resource depletion and land pressures
IV. Diverging patterns of growth and inequality
V. A multi-layered security environment
VI. Religious extremism as a vector of violent mobilization
List of bibliographical references
List of African Futures Task Force events
List of participants in African Futures Task Force events
Notes on the Contributors.
- "September 2017."
"PDF QN-AF-17-007-EN-N"--Page 2 of cover.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 65-67).
Online resource; title from PDF cover (EU Institute for Security Studies, viewed October 19, 2017).
- Strazzari, Francesco, rapporteur.
Institute for Security Studies (Paris, France), issuing body.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.2815/561974 (PDF) doi
10.2815/21448 (Print) doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|