Paris: 11/13/15, analysis and policy options [electronic resource] / Grégory Chauzal, Ko Colijn, Bibi van Ginkel, Christophe Paulussen and Sofia Zavagli.
- Other Title:
- JSTOR Security Studies.
- [The Hague, The Netherlands?] : [Clingandael?], 
- Policy brief (Nederlands Instituut voor Internationale Betrekkingen "Clingendael")
Policy brief / Clingandael, Netherlands Institute of International Relations ; ICCT, International Centre for Counter-Terrorism
1 online resource (9 pages)
- IS (Organization)
Terrorism -- European Union countries -- Prevention.
Terrorism -- France -- Paris.
Terrorism -- Government policy -- European Union countries.
Terrorism -- Government policy.
Terrorism -- Prevention.
European Union countries.
France -- Paris.
- The November 13th attacks on carefully chosen targets in Paris have been claimed by the self-proclaimed Islamic State (IS) and were deliberately meant to kill and injure as many civilians as possible. The attacks were complex and well-coordinated, involving homegrown as well as (returned) foreign fighters (FFs). Judging by the terrorists' tactics and methods, the Paris attacks indeed bear IS's trademark. "Paris" was the latest in a string of IS attacks outside Syria and Iraq, and suggest that IS has shifted its attention away from the caliphate to external targets to create fear and undermine societies elsewhere, notably in anti-IS coalition members. As such, it marks a significant shift in IS's operations and illustrates the vulnerabilities of European security services and the impossibility of exercising full control.-- Publisher description..
1. Why France?
2. Are the Attacks a Consequence of French/International Military Actions in Syria?
3. What are the Main Political/Security Consequences and What are the Next Steps?
4. What Should the Next Steps Be? Finding the Right Balance between Preventive and Repressive Measures
- "November 2015."
Includes bibliographical references.
Online resource; title from PDF caption (Clingandael, viewed November 27, 2015).
- Colijn, Ko, author.
Ginkel, Bibi van, author.
Paulussen, Christophe, 1979- author.
Zavagli, Sofia, author.
Nederlands Instituut voor Internationale Betrekkingen "Clingendael", issuing body.
International Centre for Counter-Terrorism, issuing body.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|