The participation of the EU in international dispute settlement : lessons from EU investment agreements / Luca Pantaleo.
- The Hague : Asser Press / Springer, 
xiv, 176 pages ; 25 cm
- Pacific settlement of international disputes.
Dispute resolution (Law) -- European Union countries.
Investments, Foreign -- Law and legislation -- European Union countries.
- The topic of this book is the participation of the EU in international dispute settlement. It aims to provide the reader with an appraisal of the most problematic aspects connected with the participation of a sui generis legal subject such as the EU to international dispute settlement mechanisms in a State-centric international law. In particular, the book dwells on the question of how to make possible an effective participation in disputes while at the same time preserving the specific characteristics (i.e. the autonomy) of the EU legal order. It does so by outlining different models and proposing the internalization model adopted under EU investment agreements as a possible paradigm.
- Foreword / Paolo Palchetti
The EU practice in international adjudication : an appraisal of existing models
The participation of the EU in international dispute settlement : general principles and conditions set by the Court of Justice
Dispute settlement under EU investment agreements : an analysis of the main procedural innovations
Presenting the internalisation model of EU investment agreements and related issues
EU investment agreements as a possible paradigm for the participation of the EU in international adjudication
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|