Topics in theoretical Asian linguistics : studies in honor of John B. Whitman / edited by Kunio Nishiyama, Hideki Kishimoto, Edith Aldridge.
- Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : John Benjamins Publishing Company, 
- Linguistik aktuell/Linguistics today (LA), 0166-0829 ; volume 250
- Whitman, John, 1954-.
Asia -- Languages.
Language and languages.
- "Dedicated to John B. Whitman, this collection of seventeen articles provides a forum for cutting-edge theoretical research on a wide range of linguistic phenomena in a wide variety of Asian languages, including Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Austronesian, Indo-Aryan, and Thai. Ranging from syntax and morphology to semantics, acquisition, processing and phonology, from synchronic and/or diachronic perspectives, this collection reflects the breadth of the honoree's research interests, which span multiple research subfields in numerous Asian languages"-- Provided by publisher.
- On complement selection in Spanish and Japanese / Tomoyuki Yoshida
The syntactic status of by-phrases in Korean and Japanese / Sang Doh Park
Displaced modification: picture noun constructions in Marathi and Japanese / Hideki Kishimoto, Peter Hook and Prashant Pardeshi
Some asymmetries of long distance scope assignment in Sinhala / Hideki Kishimoto
Autosegmental evaluative morphology in Japanese: augmentative and diminutive mimetics / Takashi Toyoshima
On the distribution of the discourse particles -yo in Korean and -ne in Japanese / Changguk Yim and Yoshihito Dobashi
Wh-indefinites in East Asian languages / Jiwon Yun
Resultative and termination: a unified analysis of Middle Chinese VP-Yi / Edith Aldridge and Barbara Meisterernst
Differential argument marking and object movement in old Japanese: a typological perspective / Yuko Yanagida
Possessive nominal phrases in Lamaholot / Kunio Nishiyama
Experimental study of the children's comprehension of lexical and productive causatives in Japanese / Kyoko Yamakoshi, Kaori Miura, Hanako Jorinbo, Kayoko Angata and Kaori Yamasaki
Parsing Chinese relative clauses with structural and non-structural cues / Zhong Chen and John Hale
The inexorable spread of in romanized Japanese / Timothy J. Vance
Loanword accent of Kyungsang Korean: a moraic account / Haruo Kubozono
The role of perceived similarity and contrast: English loanwords into Korean and Japanese / Hyun Kyung Hwang
The status of schwa in Indonesian: evidence from a naturalistic corpus / Abigail C. Cohn and Ferdinan Okki Kurniawan
Quantitative and qualitative restrictions on the distribution of lexical tones in Thai: a diachronic study / Pittayawat Pittayaporn.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Nishiyama, Kunio, editor.
Kishimoto, Hideki, editor.
Aldridge, Edith, editor.
Whitman, John, 1954- honouree.
- Other format:
- Online version: Topics in theoretical Asian linguistics
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|