A Singing stream [electronic resource] : a Black family chronicle / Davenport Films & Curriculum in Folklore at University of North Carolina ; producer, Tom Davenport ; directors, Tom Davenport, Allen Tullos, Daniel Patterson.
- Other Title:
- Singing Stream Reunion
- Resource contains two videos A Singing stream and A Singing stream reunion
- Delaplane, VA : Davenport Films, 1985.
[city], state], [country] : Folkstreams, 1986.
- American traditional culture series.
American traditional culture series
1 online resource.
- Landis family.
African Americans -- North Carolina -- Granville County.
Gospel music -- North Carolina.
Spirituals (Songs) -- North Carolina.
- Downloadable video collection.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Traces the history of the Landis family of Granville County, N.C. Includes interviews and stories, scenes of daily life, reunions, gospel concerts, and church services involving this musically gifted Black family from the rural South. Musical performances in the film span almost a century of Black religious song styles, from shape-note singing to contemporary gospel. Released in 1985, it is the first of two documentaries that follow the story of a gifted African American family from the rural South. The sequel "Reunion" (2016) follows the grandchildren into the 21th Century. Both films are included in this resource.
- Editors, Marcia Lynch, Tom Davenport ; music, The Golden Echoes, The Echoes of Heaven.
- This resource contains two videos: "A Singing stream : a Black family chronicle", and "A Singing Stream Reunion"
Title from: Title details screen (viewed Nov. 14, 2006).
"A Singing stream" runtime: 59 min.; "A Singing stream reunion: runtime 57 min.
- Davenport, Tom.
Tullos, Allen, 1950-
Patterson, Daniel W. (Daniel Watkins), 1928-
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Curriculum in Folklore.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|