Commemorating race and empire in the First World War centenary [electronic resource] / edited by Ben Wellings and Shanti Sumartojo.
- Other Title:
- Comemorating race and empire in 1st World War centenary
- Aix-en-Provence : Presses universitaires de Provence : [Liverpool] : Liverpool university press, 2018.
- SocieÌteÌs contemporaines.
SocieÌteÌs contemporaines, 2259-213X
1 online resource (193 pages) : illustrations.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Social aspects.
World War, 1914-1918 -- Anniversaries, etc.
Europe -- Colonies -- Race relations -- History -- 20th century.
- From 'coolie' to transnational agent: the 'afterlives' of World War One Chinese workers / Paul J. Bailey
Marigolds and poppies: commemorating 'Indian' War dead / Peter Stanley
Situating the Belgian Congo in Belgium's First World War centenary / Laurence van Ypersele and Enika Ngongo (translated by Ben Wellings)
Maori and Great War commemoration in New Zealand: biculturalism and the politics of forging national memory / Katherine Smits
ReseÌneÌgalisation and the representation of Black African troops during World War One / Elizabeth Rechniewski
'A strange, new race': eugenics and the Australian soldier in the First World War / Deirdre Gilfedder
The first circle of memory: First World War postcards of British Imperial Troops in Marseilles / Gilles TeulieÌ; Aesthetic form and political function: representations of French Algerian and British Indian troops in First World War recruiting posters / Cherie Prosser
A tale of two monuments: the war memorials of Oran and Algiers and commemorative culture in colonial and post-colonial Algeria / DoÌnal Hassett
Anzac, race and empire: memorialising soldiers and warriors in Australia / Shanti Sumartojo and Ben Wallings.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. New York Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on print version record.
- Wellings, Ben, 1971- editor.
Sumartojo, Shanti, editor.
JSTOR (Online Service)
- Other format:
- Print version: Commemorating race and empire in the First World War centenary.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|