A "Credit Crunch"? [electronic resource] : The Recent Slowdown in Bank Lending and Its Implications for Monetary Policy / Paul Francis O'Brien and Frank Browne.
- Paris : OECD Publishing, 1992.
- OECD Economics Department Working Papers 18151973 ; no.107.
OECD Economics Department Working Papers 18151973 ; no.107
- Government document
1 online resource (59 pages)
- This paper examines the recent slowdown in bank lending that has affected several large OECD countries. The analysis begins with a description of the importance of bank credit in the financial systems of the countries considered. The origins of the lending slowdown are analysed - - including the importance of deteriorating bank balance sheets and the BIS capital rules - - as well as its potential to depress economic activity. The paper concludes with a discussion of how monetary policy should react to unusually sluggish bank lending ...
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- Browne, Frank.
SourceOECD (Online Service)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|