Civic Mission and Social Responsibility [electronic resource] : New Challenges for the Practice of Public Relations in Higher Education / Helena Kantanen.
- Paris : OECD Publishing, 2005.
- Government document
1 online resource (19 pages)
- What is the civic mission of the research university in a modern society? How does it challenge the Public Relations professionals of universities?The Finnish Higher Education Evaluation Council, a specialist organ of the Ministry of Education, has conducted several university evaluations with special emphasis on the regional role of Finnish universities. In February 2004, the Finnish university legislation was changed to include the civic mission as the third basic function of the universities, parallel to research and teaching. This change can be seen as both a challenge and a recognition of the PR professionals of Finnish universities. This article intends to clarify the concept of the civic mission, and to find eventual connections to and similarities with the concept of corporate social responsibility.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- SourceOECD (Online Service)
- Contained In:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|