A Bird's Eye View of OECD Housing Markets [electronic resource] / Christophe André = Un survol des marchés immobiliers de l'OCDE / Christophe André.
- Other Title:
- Un survol des marchés immobiliers de l'OCDE
- Paris : OECD Publishing, 2010.
- OECD Economics Department Working Papers 18151973 ; no.746.
OECD Economics Department Working Papers 18151973 ; no.746
- Government document
1 online resource (54 pages)
- Housing markets have played a prominent role in macroeconomic developments over recent years. For a great part of the 2000s, buoyant housing markets have contributed to sustained economic activity in most OECD countries. But many markets overheated and the collapse of the US subprime mortgage market has been at the epicentre of a deep financial and economic crisis. Against this background, this paper: i) documents housing market developments in 18 OECD countries since the 1970s, putting recent evolutions into historical perspective; ii) examines the drivers of supply and demand for housing; iii) investigates the interactions between housing markets and the wider economy; iv) assesses the responsibilities of housing taxation, monetary policy and financial supervision and regulation in fuelling or amplifying housing booms; v) explores the link between global imbalances and housing booms.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- SourceOECD (Online Service)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|