The So-Called "Non-Economic" Objectives of Agricultural Policy [electronic resource] / L. Alan Winters.
- Paris : OECD Publishing, 1988.
- OECD Economics Department Working Papers 18151973 ; no.52.
OECD Economics Department Working Papers 18151973 ; no.52
- Government document
1 online resource (40 pages)
- Agricultural support costs OECD countries billions of dollars per year in lost income. It is frequently argued, however, that this is not waste, but is rather a fair price to pay for a number of "non-economic" objectives such as thriving rural communities and increased national security. This paper analyses these objectives and their relationship with agricultural policy. It draws three conclusions: first, the so-called non-economic objectives (SNOs) are, in fact, economic; second, being economic they are amenable to quantification and economic analysis; and, third, present forms of agricultural support may be inefficient means to achieve these objectives ...
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- SourceOECD (Online Service)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|