Integrity in Political Finance in Greece / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- Paris : OECD Publishing, 2018.
- OECD Public Governance Reviews 22190414.
OECD Public Governance Reviews 22190414.
- Government document
1 online resource (68 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Greece. (search)
- Money in politics is a double-edged sword. It is a necessary component of the democratic process, enabling the expression of political support as well as allowing for competition in elections. Yet, if the financing of political parties and election campaigns are not adequately regulated and monitored, money may also be a means for powerful special interests to capture the policy process. This report provides an in-depth analysis of the political finance mechanisms in Greece, drawing on international standards and good practices. It provides concrete guidance on developing a solid legislative framework and an effective oversight mechanism for political finance. Finally, the report suggests ways to improve integrity in the short and medium term.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- SourceOECD (Online Service)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|