Drying Wells, Rising Stakes : Towards Sustainable Agricultural Groundwater Use / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- Paris : OECD Publishing, 2015.
- OECD Studies on Water 22245081.
OECD Studies on Water 22245081.
- Government document
1 online resource (176 pages)
- Agriculture and Food.
- Groundwater has provided great benefits to agriculture irrigation in semi-arid OECD countries, but its intensive use beyond recharge in certain regions has depleted resources and generated significant negative environmental externalities. The report provides a characterisation of the diversity of groundwater systems, reviews policies in OECD countries, and proposes a package of recommendations to ensure that groundwater can sustain its services to agriculture and contribute to climate change adaptation.
- Understanding agricultural groundwater systems and challenges
The worrisome trends in groundwater irrigation expansion
Towards adaptive groundwater management in agriculture
What agricultural groundwater policies exist in OECD countries?
What policy instruments help to manage agricultural groundwater use sustainably?.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- SourceOECD (Online Service)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|