Strong Limit Theorems in Noncommutative L2-Spaces [electronic resource] / by Ryszard Jajte.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1991.
- Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 0075-8434 ; 1477
Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 0075-8434 ; 1477
1 online resource (X, 113 pages)
- Global analysis (Mathematics).
Distribution (Probability theory.
- Local subjects:
Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes.
Theoretical, Mathematical and Computational Physics.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The noncommutative versions of fundamental classical results on the almost sure convergence in L2-spaces are discussed: individual ergodic theorems, strong laws of large numbers, theorems on convergence of orthogonal series, of martingales of powers of contractions et cetera The proofs introduce new techniques in von Neumann algebras. The reader is assumed to master the fundamentals of functional analysis and probability. The book is written mainly for mathematicians and physicists familiar with probability theory and interested in applications of operator algebras to quantum statistical mechanics.
- Almost sure convergence in noncommutative L2-spaces
Individual ergodic theorems in L2 over a von neumann algebra
Convergence of iterates of contractions
Convergence of orthogonal series and strong laws of large numbers
Convergence of conditional expectations and martingales
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/BFb0098424 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|