Optimal Control of Nonsmooth Distributed Parameter Systems [electronic resource] / by Dan Tiba.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1990.
- Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 0075-8434 ; 1459
Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 0075-8434 ; 1459
1 online resource (VIII, 160 pages)
- Systems theory.
Global analysis (Mathematics).
- Local subjects:
- Systems Theory, Control. (search)
Calculus of Variations and Optimal Control; Optimization. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The book is devoted to the study of distributed control problems governed by various nonsmooth state systems. The main questions investigated include: existence of optimal pairs, first order optimality conditions, state-constrained systems, approximation and discretization, bang-bang and regularity properties for optimal control. In order to give the reader a better overview of the domain, several sections deal with topics that do not enter directly into the announced subject: boundary control, delay differential equations. In a subject still actively developing, the methods can be more important than the results and these include: adapted penalization techniques, the singular control systems approach, the variational inequality method, the Ekeland variational principle. Some prerequisites relating to convex analysis, nonlinear operators and partial differential equations are collected in the first chapter or are supplied appropriately in the text. The monograph is intended for graduate students and for researchers interested in this area of mathematics.
- Elements of nonlinear analysis
Free boundary problems.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/BFb0085564 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|