Competitive Cities : A New Entrepreneurial Paradigm in Spatial Development / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- Paris : OECD Publishing, 2007.
- OECD Territorial Reviews 19900759.
OECD Territorial Reviews 19900759.
- Government document
1 online resource (133 pages)
Urban, Rural and Regional Development.
- Local subjects:
- France. (search)
United Kingdom. (search)
United States. (search)
- Economic globalisation and the subsequent intensification of inter-city competition have profoundly changed urban governance. This is particularly evident in the field of urban spatial development. The change is often described as a shift from a managerial mode of governance to a more entrepreneurial mode, strongly characterised by risk-taking, innovation, a strong orientation toward the private sector and a strategic approach which focuses on economic growth. This study reviews the challenges that urban entrepreneurialism must overcome to maintain and strengthen its relevance in the 21st century. Urban policy planners are expected to address an increasingly wide range of objectives, including social, environmental and cultural issues as well as economic ones.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- SourceOECD (Online Service)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|