Employment and Skills Strategies in England, United Kingdom / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- Paris : OECD Publishing, 2015.
- OECD Reviews on Local Job Creation 23112336.
OECD Reviews on Local Job Creation 23112336.
- Government document
1 online resource (108 pages)
Urban, Rural and Regional Development.
- Local subjects:
- United Kingdom. (search)
- This report delivers evidence-based and practical recommendations on how to better support employment and economic development in England. It builds on sub-national data analysis and consultations with local stakeholders in Nottingham and North Nottinghamshire in the East Midlands as well as Hull and Scarborough in Yorkshire and the Humber. It provides a comparative framework to understand the role of the local level in contributing to more and better quality jobs. The report can help national and local policy makers in England and the UK build effective and sustainable partnerships at the local level, which join-up efforts and achieve stronger outcomes across employment, training, and economic development policies. Co-ordinated policies can help workers find suitable jobs, while also stimulating entrepreneurship and productivity, which increases the quality of life and prosperity within a community as well as throughout the country.
- Acronyms and abbreviations
Overview of the English case study areas
Policy context for employment and skills in England
Local Job Creation Dashboard findings in England
Towards an action plan for jobs in England: Recommendations and best practices.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- SourceOECD (Online Service)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|