Finite Presentability of S-Arithmetic Groups Compact Presentability of Solvable Groups [electronic resource] / by Herbert Abels.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1987.
- Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 0075-8434 ; 1261
Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 0075-8434 ; 1261
1 online resource (VI, 182 pages)
- Group theory.
- Local subjects:
- Group Theory and Generalizations.
Topological Groups, Lie Groups.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The problem of determining which S-arithmetic groups have a finite presentation is solved for arbitrary linear algebraic groups over finite extension fields of #3. For certain solvable topological groups this problem may be reduced to an analogous problem, that of compact presentability. Most of this monograph deals with this question. The necessary background material and the general framework in which the problem arises are given partly in a detailed account, partly in survey form. In the last two chapters the application to S-arithmetic groups is given: here the reader is assumed to have some background in algebraic and arithmetic group. The book will be of interest to readers working on infinite groups, topological groups, and algebraic and arithmetic groups.
- Compact presentability and contracting automorphisms
Filtrations of Lie algebras and groups
A necessary condition for compact presentability
Implications of the necessary condition
The second homology
S-arithmetic solvable groups.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/BFb0079708 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|