Behind the door / Thos. H. Ince presents ; a Paramount Artcraft Special ; directed by Irvin V. Willat ; scenario by Luther Reed ; produced by Thomas H. Ince.
- Deluxe edition.
- Los Angeles, CA : Flicker Alley, 
1 videodisc (70 min.) : sound, black and white color tinted; 4 3/4 in. + booklet (11 pages : illustrations ; 16 cm.)
4 3/4 in.
- Submarines (Ships) -- Drama.
Revenge -- Drama.
- Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Silent films -- United States.
Feature films -- United States.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
- Silent dialogue with English intertitles and added music.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTS C, Region 0; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation.
full screen (1.33:1)
- Oscar Krug is a working-class American who is persecuted for his German ancestry after war is declared. Driven by patriotism, Krug enlists and goes to sea. However, tragedy strikes when his wife sneaks aboard his ship and is captured following a German U-boat attack. Krug's single-minded quest for vengeance against the sadistic German submarine commander leads to the film's shocking and brutal climax. Special features include Russian version of the film; original production outtakes; and more.
- Hobart Bosworth, Jane Novak, James Gordon, J.P. Lockney, Otto Hoffman, Wallace Beery.
- Phtography by J.O. Taylor; music composed and performed by Stephen Horne; story by Gouverneur Morris.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1919; restored in 2016 by Library of Congress, Gosfilmofond of Russia and the San Francisco Silent Film Festival.
Issued by the publisher as one disc in a DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack.
Special features: Original Russian export version of Behind the door (47 minutes); original production outtakes; restoring Irving Willat's Behind the door; Kevin Brownlow, remembering Irvin Willat; Slideshow gallery.
- Local notes:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries have cataloged these items separately.
- Willat, Irvin, 1890-1976, film director.
Ince, Thomas H., film producer.
Reed, Luther, screenwriter.
Bosworth, Hobart, 1867-1943, actor.
Novak, Jane, actor.
Beery, Wallace, actor.
Horne, Stephen, 1963- composer (expression), performer.
Thos. H. Ince Corp., production company.
San Francisco Silent Film Festival (Firm), restorationist
Flicker Alley (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
- 617311685194 set
FA0051 Flicker Alley
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|