Marbled paper : its history, techniques, and patterns : with special reference to the relationship of marbling to bookbinding in Europe and the Western world / Richard J. Wolfe ; foreword by Sidney Berger.
- Second edition.
- New Castle, Delaware : Oak Knoll Press, 2018. , ©2018
xx, 245 pages, ,  pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 31 cm
- Marbled papers.
- Marbled papers (Paper)
- Place of Publication:
- United States Delaware New Castle.
- "A comprehensive examination of the art and craft of marbled paper and is applications, based on more than 25 years of research and practical experience."-- Provided by publisher.
- The nature and origin of marbling : marbling in the Far and Near East
The European cradle period
Marbling in Germany
Marbling in France
The further spread of the craft in Europe
The initial British experience
The matured British trade
Marbling in the New World, I
Marbling in the New World, II
The decline of the art in Europe : "pseudo-marbling" and marbling by machine
The revival and later events
Technical aspects of the craft, I : marbling process, equipment, and tools
Technical aspects of the craft, II : chemical and physical bases and basic constituents and ingredients
Technical aspects of the craft, III : the colors used
The evolution of marbled patterns.
- "This edition is a facsimile with corrections of the first edition published in 1990 by the University of Pennsylvania Press, a publication of the A.S.W. Fellowship in Bibliography."--Title page verso.
Copyright information as: "© 2018 Elin Wolfe. All rights reserved."; title page verso.
"Designed by Carol Gross, with revisions by Scott Vile."; title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 193-228) and index.
- Penn Chronology:
- Berger, Sidney E., writer of foreword.
Oak Knoll Press, publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|