Managing quality of life in tourism and hospitality [electronic resource] / edited by Muzaffer Uysal, M. Joseph Sirgy and Stefan Kruger.
- 1st edition.
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK : CABI, 2018. , ©2018
1 online resource (xiv, 168 pages) : illustrations, maps, charts
- Hospitality industry.
Tourism -- Management.
Quality of life -- Case studies.
- System Details:
- data file
- This book shares the work of various scholars under the umbrella of quality of life in tourism and hospitality, including case studies showing best practice. The main goal of this volume is to provide a portfolio of selected activities from tourism and hospitality settings as best practices and examine how these best practices play a role in the well-being of various stakeholder groups, including tourists, residents of the host community, and the providers of tourism services. The book has 11 chapters and a subject index.
- Quality-of-life Research in Tourism and Hospitality / Muzaffer Uysal, M. Joseph Sirgy and Stefan Kruger
Flamenco, Tourists' Experiences and the Meaningful Life / Xavier Matteucci
'To Mix with New People': The Surprising Day Trips of Mature Germans / Ondrej Mitas, Astrid Hohn and Jeroen Nawijn
Creating Moments of Happiness on Day Trips / Esther Peperkamp, Ondrej Mitas, Hanny Kadijk, Jörg Wenzel, Enno van der Graaf and Diana Korteweg Maris
Social Tourism as Correlates of Quality of Life: The Case of Disadvantaged People / Raija Komppula and Riikka Ilves
How to Make Someone Feel Welcome Somewhere, and Mean It. L'accueil Might Be the Answer / François de Grandpré, Marc LeBlanc and Chantal Royer
Sightseeing Tours' Impact on Well-being and Eudaimonia / Anita Zátori and Meghan Beardsley
Thermal Spas, Well-being and Tourism in Budapest / Melanie Kay Smith and László Puczkó
Rural Well-being Tourism in Northern Europe: Providing Opportunities to Enhance Quality of Life / Henna Konu and Juho Pesonen
The Bet Is On: A Case Study of the Naudé-Potgieter Model of Casino Employees' Happiness in the Workplace / Rosa-Anne Naudé-Potgieter and Stefan Kruger
Quality-of-life Research in Tourism and Hospitality: Implications and Future Research / Muzaffer Uysal, M. Joseph Sirgy and Stefan Kruger.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Title from PDF title page (viewed December 4, 2018).
- Uysal, Muzaffer, editor.
Sirgy, M. Joseph, editor.
Krüger, Stefan, editor.
- Other format:
- Print version: Managing quality of life in tourism and hospitality.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|