[Bhāgavatapurāṇa]. = [بهگوت پوران].
- Standardized Title:
- Puranas. Bhāgavatapurāṇa. Selections.
- [India?], [18--?]
171 leaves : paper ; 245 x 155 (190 x 105) mm bound to 250 x 158 mm.
- Puranas. Bhāgavatapurāṇa..
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
Manuscripts, Persian -- 19th century.
- Selections from the Bhāgavatapurāṇa. Text begins with invocation to Krishna and Ganesha in Sanskrit transliterated into Persian. Some pages are missing.
- Ms. codex.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Foliation: Contemporary Hindu-Arabic numerals in ink, upper left recto (1-118, 8 unnumbered leaves, 1-40, 3 unnumbered leaves). Modern continuous foliation added in pencil, upper left recto. Catchwords every verso, lower left. References in the record are to the modern foliation.
Layout: 15-19 long lines.
Script: Written in nastaʻliq in at least two hands in black ink; pointed.
Decoration: Rubrications in red.
Binding: Half covers; brown leather spine and corners with blue-green marbled paper sides over pasteboard. Spine is cracked and missing pieces, fabric spine lining is clearly visible. Plain paper pastedowns.
Origin: Likely copied in India in the 19th century.
- Penn Provenance:
- Acquired by the Penn Libraries, 1953.
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 1912.
- Access Restriction:
- Access to this item is subject to staff review.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|