Irshād al-sārī. = إرشاد الساري.
- [North Africa?], [between 1600 and 1799?]
227 leaves : paper ; 295 x 208 (230 x 140) mm bound to 295 x 225 mm.
- Bukhārī, Muḥammad ibn Ismāʻīl, 810-870. Jāmiʻ al-ṣaḥīḥ.
Hadith -- Criticism, interpretation, etc. -- Early works to 1800.
- Manuscripts, Arabic, -- 17th century.
Manuscripts, Arabic, -- 18th century.
Codices (bound manuscripts)
Envelope flaps (features)
- First volume of a commentary on the ḥadīth collection known as Jāmiʻ al-ṣaḥīḥ or Ṣaḥīḥ of al-Bukhārī.
- Ms. codex.
Title from introduction (f. 8v).
Foliation: Modern foliation added in pencil, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left. 10 blank leaves at beginning and end of volume.
Layout: 34 long lines; frame-ruled. Poetry set in two columns.
Script: Written in maghribi in dark brown ink; pointed, partially vocalized.
Decoration: Rubrications in red. Poetry bordered by red and black dots.
Binding: Bound in brown leather over pasteboard with flap (Type II). Red embossed onlays for central mandorla and two pendants on the vertical axis with coordinating onlay on flap; blind-stamped frame. Ten leaves of machine made paper added to either end.
Origin: Item is not dated, perhaps copied in the 17th or 18th century.
Watermarks: Three watermarks. In the upper corner, three initials in a triangle formation, A and G centered over C. Centrally placed, a complete horse with two straps around its body and ribbons in its mane. In the lower corner, a small set of scales.
- Cited as:
- UPenn Oversize Ms. Codex 1951.
- Bukhārī, Muḥammad ibn Ismāʻīl, 810-870.
بخاري، محمد بن اسماعيل، 810 - 870.
- Access Restriction:
- Access to this item is subject to staff review.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|