Bau1haus : die Moderne in der Welt = modernism around the globe / Jean Molitor.
- Standardized Title:
- Photographs. Selections
- Other Title:
Moderne in der Welt
Modernism around the globe
- Berlin : Hatje Cantz,  , ©2018
159 pages : illustrations ; 26 x 30 cm
- Molitor, Jean -- Exhibitions.
Bauhaus -- Influence -- Exhibitions.
Architectural photography -- Exhibitions.
Architecture, Modern -- 20th century -- Pictorial works -- Exhibitions.
Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Text in German and English.
- A century after the founding of the Bauhaus-probably the most popular and yet controversial art school in Weimar-its name has become a byword, as well as a myth. Entire generations have been confronted with, and socialized by, the factual, down-to-earth, and functional Bauhaus architecture. Trailblazers, allies, and heirs to modernism are united by an architectural language generally described as "Bauhaus." The Bauhaus legacy, which the photographer Jean Molitor has been tracking around the world since 2009, is presented here in this catalogue. Exhibition: BOX Freiraum, Berlin, Germany (20.06.-28.10.2018) / Henry van der Velde-Museum, Haus Schulenburg, Gera, Germany (13.10.-22.12.2018) / Willy-Brandt-Haus, Berlin, Germany (15.01.-03.03.2019).
- Chiefly illustrated.
Includes an essay by Kaija Voss.
"This catalogue is published in conjunction with the exhibition 'Jean Molitor: Bau1haus', BOX Freiraum, Berlin, June 20-October 28, 2018; Haus Schulenburg, Henry van de Velde-Museum, Gera, October 14-December 22, 2018; Willy-Brandt-Haus, Berlin, January 16-March 3, 2019, and other venues"--Colophon.
- Voss, Kaija, writer of supplementary textual content.
BOX Freiraum (Cultural venue : Berlin, Germany), host institution.
Haus Schulenburg (Gera, Germany), host institution.
Willy-Brandt-Haus, host institution.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|