Wrestling with God in Context [electronic resource] : Revisiting the Theology and Social Vision of Shoki Coe / M.P. Joseph, Po Ho Huang, and Victor Hsu, editors.
- Minneapolis, MN : Fortress Press, 
1 online resource (377 pages)
- Huang, Zhanghui, 1914-1988.
Christianity and culture.
- Front Cover; Title Page; Contents; Foreword; Acknowledgments; Introduction; Part I; Revisiting the Methodology of Contextual Theology in the Era of Globalization; Contextualization as Reception of the World: Shoki Coe and the Transformation of Theology; Epistemological Decolonization of Theology; Doing Contextual Theology: Feminist and Postcolonial Perspectives; Religions and Scriptures in Actual Cultural Contexts: A Reflection in Honor of Shoki Coe; Part II; Implications of Shoki Coe's Thoughts on Contextualization for the Mission and Ministry of the Church.
Contextualization, Ecumenism, and the Wider EcumenismPart III; Pope Francis as Contextual Theologian; Contextual Theology as Dialogue: An Asian Catholic Approach to Shoki Coe's Theological Legacy; Christian Church among Religions: Toward a Hospitable Missionary Encounter with the Other; Part IV; Engaging the Context of the Tower of Babel and Listening to the Voices in the Text; Contextual Rereading of the Bible to Construct Hope in a World of Oppression and Marginalization; Part V; Startling Paths in Latin American Theologies; Black Liberation Theology USA and Global Cross-Cultural Leadership.
Shoki Coe and Contextualization in African Christian TheologyBeyond Context: An Intercultural Perspective from the UK; Asian Contextual Theology: Location and Methodology-An Indigenous Perspective; Part VI; Toward the Renewal of Theological Education and Church Ministry: A Reflection on Shoki Coe's Views on Theological Education; Part VII; Christian Political Witness: Shoki Coe's Involvement in the Struggle for Self-Determination; Part VIII; A Watershed Figure in Asian Theologies: The Very Rev. Dr. Hwang Chiong-Hui (Shoki Coe, C.H. Hwang) 1914-1988; Shoki Coe: A Giant in His Time.
Essential Writings of and about Shoki CoeIndex; Back Cover.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. New York Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on January 14, 2019).
- Joseph, M. P., editor.
Huang, Bohe, editor.
Hsu, Victor, editor.
JSTOR (Online Service)
- Other format:
- Print version: Joseph, M.P. Wrestling with God in Context : Revisiting the Theology and Social Vision of Shoki Coe.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|