Puebloan societies : homology and heterogeneity in time and space / edited by Peter M. Whiteley.
- Santa Fe : School for Advanced Research Press ; Albuquerque : University of New Mexico Press, 
- School for Advanced Research advanced seminar series.
School for Advanced Research advanced seminar series
xiii, 348 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm.
- Pueblo Indians -- Social life and customs.
Pueblo Indians -- History.
Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Antiquities.
Indians of North America -- Antiquities.
- "Pueblo sociocultural formations of the past and present are the subject of the essays collected here. The contributors draw upon the insights of archaeology, ethnology, and linguistic anthropology to examine social history and practice, including kinship groups, ritual sodalities, architectural forms, economic exchange, environmental adaptation, and political order, as well as their patterns of transmission over time and space. The result is a window upon how major Pueblo societies came to be and how they have changed over time. As an interdisciplinary conjunction, Puebloan Societies demonstrates the value of reengagement among anthropological subfields too often isolated from one another. The volume is an analytical whole greater than the sum of its parts: a new synthesis in this fascinating region of human cultural history"-- Provided by publisher.
- Homology and heterogeneity in Puebloan social history / Peter M. Whiteley
Ma:tu'in : the bridge between kinship and "clan" in the Tewa Pueblos of New Mexico / Richard I. Ford
The historical anthropology of Tewa social organization / Scott G. Ortman
Taos social history : a rhizomatic account / Severin M. Fowles
From Keresan bridge to Tewa flyover : new clues about Pueblo social formations / Peter M. Whiteley
The historical linguistics of kin-term skewing in Puebloan languages / Jane H. Hill
Archaeological expressions of ancestral Hopi social organization / Kelley Hays-Gilpin and Dennis Gilpin
A diachronic perspective on household and lineage structure in a Western Pueblo society / Triloki Nath Pandey
An archaeological perspective on Zuni social history / Barbara J. Mills and T.J. Ferguson
From mission to mesa : reconstructing Pueblo social networks during the Pueblo Revolt period / Robert W. Preucel and Joseph R. Aguilar
Dimensions and dynamics of pre-Hispanic Pueblo organization and authority : the Chaco Canyon conundrum / Stephen Plog
Reimagining archaeology as anthropology : a discussion / John A. Ware.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 291-331) and index.
- Whiteley, Peter M., editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Puebloan societies.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|