Archaeology and conservation along the Silk Road : conference 2016 postprints / Gabriela Krist, Liangren Zhang (eds.).
- Wien : Böhlau Verlag, c2018.
- Conference Name:
- International Conference on "Archaeology and Conservation Along the Silk Road" (2nd : 2016 : Nanjing Shi, China)
- Konservierungswissenschaft, Restaurierung, Technologie ; Bd. 16.
Konservierungswissenschaft, Restaurierung, Technologie ; Band 16
215 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), charts, maps, plans ; 24 cm.
- Cultural property -- Silk Road -- Congresses.
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Silk Road -- Congresses.
Historic preservation -- Silk Road -- Congresses.
Silk Road -- Antiquities -- Congresses.
Asia -- Silk Road.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- "Supported by Eurasia Pacific Uninet, the second international conference on 'Archaeology and Conservation along the Silk Road' was jointly organized by Nanjing University China and Institute of Conservation, University of Applied Arts Vienna and held in May 2016 in China. Silk Road showcases the trans-continental cultural movements between Europe and Asia and this event encouraged researchers to reflect on popular as well as otherwise under-represented topics. This volume includes selected papers from the conference and merges aspects of archaeology with conservation. Subjects vary from field drawings, unique local techniques, spread of diseases and epidemics to DNA studies assessing population migration and mixture. Next Silk Road conference is planned for 2018 to carry forward the initiative of learning and exchange of knowledge"--Publisher's website.
- Papers originally delivered at the 2nd International Conference on "Archaeology and Conservation Along the Silk Road" organized by Nanjing University and the University Applied Arts of Vienna Institute of Conservation and held in Nanjing, China, May 20-22, 2016.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Krist, Gabriela.
Nanjing da xue.
Universität für Angewandte Kunst Wien. Institut für Konservierung und Restaurierung.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|