The psaltery, : a new collection of church music consisting of psalm and hymn tunes, chants, and anthems : being one of the most complete music books for church choirs, congregations, singing schools, and societies, ever published / by Lowell Mason and George James Webb professors in The Boston Academy of Music ; published under the sanction, and with the approbation of the Boston Academy of Music, and the Boston Handel and Haydn Society.
- Boston : Wilkins, Carter, and Company, 1848.
, 5-352 pages ; 16 x 25 cm
- Sacred vocal music -- United States -- 19th century.
Hymns, English -- United States -- 19th century.
- Publishers' advertisements
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- "Entered, acording to Act of Congress, in the year 1845, By Melvin Lord, In the Clerk's Office of the District Court of Massachusetts." title page verso.
Pages 321-346, 65 chants; other pieces not numbered.
Chiefly hymns in four parts with figured bass.
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries Kislak Center copy includes two sheets of additional (?) music from an unidentified source inserted into text. Volume also contains publishers' advertisements on back cover verso. Volume has autograph of 'Thomas B. Henderson' on title page and possibly back cover recto.
- Penn Provenance:
- Henderson, Thomas B. (autograph)
- Penn Chronology:
- Mason, Lowell, 1792-1872, compiler.
Webb, George James, 1803-1887, compiler.
Wilkins, Carter & Co., publisher.
Boston Academy of Music, issuing body.
Handel and Haydn Society (Boston, Mass.), issuing body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|