Contemporary plays by African women : Niqabi ninja, Not that woman, I want to fly, Silent voices, Unsettled, Mbuzeni, Bonganyi / edited and introduced by Yvette Hutchison and Amy Jephta.
- London, UK ; New York, NY : Methuen Drama, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 2019. , ©2019
338 pages ; 22 cm
- African drama (English) -- Women authors.
African drama (English) -- 21st century.
Women -- Africa -- Drama.
African drama (English)
- This volume draws together six contemporary plays by female African writers, offering a rare insight into the work being produced by these practitioners. These plays, which are selected from writers across the continent, together give a rich portrait of identity, politics, culture and society in contemporary Africa. The editors of the volume have also provided biographies and the writers' own artistic statements; production histories; and a critical contextualisation of the theatre from which each woman is writing. This provides a rich context from which these plays can be prescribed for study, both at secondary school and undergraduate level--Provided by publisher.
- Introduction / Yvette Hutchison and Amy Jephta
Niqabi ninja / Sara Shaawari
Not that woman / 'Tosin Jobi-Tume
I want to fly / Thembelihle Moyo
Silent voices / Adong Judith
Unsettled / JC Niala
Mbuzeni / Koleka Putuma
Bonganyi / Sophia Mempuh Kwachuh.
- Hutchison, Yvette, editor.
Jephta, Amy, editor.
- Contains: Sawaari, Sara. Niqabi ninja.
Contains: Tume, Tosin. Not that woman.
Contains: Moyo, Thembelihle. I want to fly.
Contains: Judith, Adong. Silent voices.
Contains: Niala, J.C. Unsettled.
Contains: Putuma, Koleka. Mbuzeni.
Contains: Mempuh, Sophia. Bonganyi.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|