World War II "V" for victory show / Something Weird Video.
- Other Title:
- World War 2 "V" for victory show
World War Two "V" for victory show
V for victory show
- Seattle, Washington : Something Weird Video, ©2003-2009..
9 videodiscs (approximately 1080 min.) : sound, black and white & color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- World War (1939-1945)
World War, 1939-1945 -- Civilians -- United States.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (2.40:1, condensed from 1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation.
video file DVD-R video region 1
- Documentary films, mostly short, aimed at the U.S. homefront during WWII, many featuring Hollywood stars. These films were intended to raise morale, sell war bonds, and to generally instruct the movie-going public about wartime activities.
- Vol. 1. You, John Jones; Women in defense; Spokesman for the future; A handbook for air raid Wardens; The all star band rally; This could be America; Japs bomb USA; The fighting U.S. Marines; America's call to arms
vol. 2. Mr. & Mrs America; It can't last; The earthmovers; Iwo Jima; Battle of the Midway; Tanks
vol. 3. This could be America; Story of a transport; The memphis Belle; Pincers on Japan; Action on the Palaus
vol. 4. To the shores of Iwo Jima; Perishable : Rush; Fury in the Pacific; We said we'd come back; Freedom comes high; The saga of the Franklin
vol. 5. The Marine's hymn; The story of a penny; USA Navy vs. Japan; The Stillwell Road; The Army nurse
vol. 6. The enemy Japan, Part II : the people; Wartime nutrition; Henry Browne, farmer; Combat Bulletin No. 24; The liberation of Rome; The birth of the B-29; Cook off; 5th Army Radio Station; First Class Private Mary Brown
vol. 7. Soldiers without guns; Target Snafu; Private Snafu vs. Malaria Mike; The sergeant shows 'em how; A few quick facts; Attack on the Marshalls; Rubber goes to war; Electronics at work; Manpower; Men of fire
vol. 8. Ring of steel; Conquer by the clock; Every 10th man; Recognition of the Japanese Zero fighter; Soldiers of the soil; Burma outpost; The home front; What makes a battle
vol. 9. The negro soldier; Beyond the call of duty; Fighting tools; Farmer at war; Black marketing; Voice of truth; Captured Jap films; Captured Japanese film; Pay Day; Spies.
- Richard Arlen, Susan Hayward, James Cagney, Ann Sothern [and many others]
Narrators include Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, Humphrey Bogart, Mayo Methot [and many others].
- Videodisc release of motion pictures produced between 1941 and 1945.
Title from containers.
- Something Weird Video (Firm), publisher.
- You, John Jones.
Women in defense.
Spokesman for the future.
Handbook for air raid wardens.
All-star bond rally.
This could be America.
Japs bomb USA.
Fighting US Marines.
America's call to arms.
Mr. & Mrs. America.
It can't last.
Battle of the Midway.
Story of a transport.
Pincers on Japan.
Action in the Palaus.
To the shores of Iwo Jima.
Perishable - rush.
Fury in the Pacific.
We said we'd come back.
Freedom comes high.
Saga of the Franklin.
Story of a penny.
U.S. Navy vs. Japan.
Enemy Japan, Part 2.
Henry Browne, farmer.
Liberation of Rome.
Combat bulletin, no. 24.
Birth of the B-29.
5th Army Radio Station.
First Class Private Mary Brown.
Soldiers without guns.
Private Snafu vs. Malaria Mike.
Sergeant shows 'em how.
Few quick facts.
Attack on the Marshalls.
Rubber goes to war.
Electronics at work.
Men of fire.
Ring of steel.
Conquer by the clock.
Every 10th man.
Recognition of the Japanese Zero fighter.
Soldiers of the soil.
What makes a battle.
Beyond the call of duty.
Farmer at war.
Voice of truth.
Captured Jap films.
Captured Japanese film.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|