Temporary Worker Programs [electronic resource] : Background and Issues.
- [S.l] : [publisher not identified], 1980.
- Government document
1 online resource (145 pages) : digital, PDF file
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Appendix (pages 121-144) contains bibliographies on European guest worker programs and U.S. alien labor.
Chapter I. U.S. Temporary Alien Worker Programs, including:
Chapter II. European "Guestworker" Programs, 1960-75, including experiences of four European states and consequences of labor migration. (pages 84-99)
Chapter III. Issues and options, including legal temporary alien program assessment and anticipated impact on illegal immigration. (pages 100-120)
Report, prepared by Joyce Vialet (and others, CRS) for Select Commission on Immigration and Refugee Policy on temporary legal alien programs as solution to control illegal alien entry into U.S. Also examines European temporary alien worker programs and discrimination resulting from alien worker influx into U.S. and Europe. Contains:
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed June 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Temporary Worker Programs:. 80-S522-1
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|