Defense Policy [electronic resource] : Threats, Force Structure, and Budget Issues
- [S.l] : [publisher not identified], 1996.
- Government document
1 online resource (23 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Armed Forces -- Appropriations and expenditures.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Reviews status of debate on a wide range of defense policy issues confronting Congress in the post-cold war era. Covers debate on size of U.S. military forces; when and under what conditions the U.S. should use military force; the future of U.S. military alliances; and the role of nuclear weapons and strategic defense in the U.S. force posture. Discusses balance between military readiness, weapons modernization, and force size; policies for safeguarding defense industrial and technological base; reducing size of defense infrastructure; role of reserves; and the effects of domestic missions on military capabilities.
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Defense Policy: Threats, Force Structure, and Budget Issues
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|