Cuba [electronic resource] : Issues for Congress.
- [S.l] : [publisher not identified], 2000.
- Government document
1 online resource (18 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Export controls.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Describes economic and political conditions in Cuba, including the human rights situation. Reviews U.S. policy toward Cuba, focusing on the period 1996 to the present. Looks at Cuba's 1996 downing of two U.S. civilian aircraft, implementation of and foreign reaction to Helms/Burton legislation (the Cuban Liberty and Democratic Solidarity Act), proposals to ease restrictions on U.S. export of food and medical supplies to Cuba, Radio and TV Marti, and migration issues, including the Elian Gonzalez case. Lists legislative initiatives in the 106th Congress.
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Cuba
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|