Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000 [electronic resource].
- [S.l] : [publisher not identified], 2000.
- Government document
1 online resource (6 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Constitutional law.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Reviews the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000, to prohibit States and local governments from imposing land use regulations that substantially burden a person's exercise of religion, or substantially burden the religious exercise of prisoners or other institutionalized persons, unless the burden is the least restrictive means of furthering a compelling governmental interest; and to allow plaintiffs to sue to enforce compliance. Addresses Religious Freedom Restoration Act, and issues raised regarding special treatment of religious exercise, effect of the Act on historic preservation policies and practices, whether Act interferes with State and local rights regarding land use, and constitutionality concerns.
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|