Slamming [electronic resource] : The Unauthorized Change of a Consumer's Telephone Service Provider.
- [S.l] : [publisher not identified], 2003.
- Government document
1 online resource (18 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Consumer protection.
Telecommunication -- Law and legislation.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Examines FCC policies to protect consumers from unauthorized, fraudulent, or deceptive switching of their long distance telephone service providers, known as "slamming," including new rules under the Telecommunications Act of 1996, and reviews GAO reports and 105th-106th Congress activity and legislation relating to slamming. Discusses industry initiatives and issues raised by legislative and other efforts to curb slamming.
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Slamming
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|