Burundi's Political Crisis [electronic resource] : In Brief.
- [S.l] : [publisher not identified], 2015.
- Government document
1 online resource (1 online resource (15 pages)) : digital, PDF file
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Examines political crisis in Burundi that was sparked by widespread opposition to President Pierre Nkurunziza's decision to run for a third term, which led to protests and violence ahead of presidential elections and continued with Nkurunziza's subsequent victory in July 2015. Addresses concerns that an unresolved political crisis could lead to armed conflict, describes key lines of tension that could contribute to further violence, and discusses developments that have resulted in Burundi becoming increasingly diplomatically isolated. Discusses U.S. policy, focusing on foreign assistance and issues for Congress; and considers future outlook for Burundi.
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division. Burundi's Political Crisis
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|