Agricultural Biotechnology [electronic resource] : Background, Regulation, and Policy Issues.
- [S.l] : [publisher not identified], 2013.
- Government document
1 online resource (1 online resource (44 pages)) : digital, PDF file
- Agriculture and state.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Provides background on adoption of biotechnology in agriculture. Reviews regulation and oversight of biotechnology, including roles of the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS), FDA, and EPA, and Administration memorandum on biotechnology regulation; presents assessments of current policy; and summarizes APHIS process to assess environmental impact of genetically engineered (GE) plants and animals and challenges to APHIS determinations. Addresses global trade concerns, food safety and GE labeling, and other related issues.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 11-RL-32809a in the 2011 issue.
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Aug. 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division. Agricultural Biotechnology
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|