Navy Ohio Replacement (SSBN[X]) Ballistic Missile Submarine Program [electronic resource] : Background and Issues for Congress.
- [S.l] : [publisher not identified], 2015.
- Government document
1 online resource (1 online resource (49 pages)) : digital, PDF file
- Defense contracts.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Provides background on ballistic missile submarines, and highlights Navy plans to develop next-generation nuclear-powered SSBN(X) ballistic missile submarine class to replace its current force of 14 Ohio-class boats, which are also known as Trident submarines. Considers likelihood that Navy will reach $4.9 billion target cost, accuracy of Navy preliminary unit procurement cost estimate, program affordability and impact on other Navy shipbuilding programs, and determination of which shipyard or shipyards will build SSBN(X)s. Reviews legislative activity for FY2016.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 14-R4-1129j in the 2014 issue.
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division. Navy Ohio Replacement (SSBN[X]) Ballistic Missile Submarine Program
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|